Personal note before I tell you about the upcoming series: I just want to say that it’s good be back! Where did I go? Well, as you may remember, I (that is, Sarah Zeldman, the real life-person behind The E-Marketing Maven) had a health crisis with my son that required my complete attention for a while, so I stopped blogging (unfortunately just as I was really getting started). Thank G-d my son has recovered, my creative juices are flowing again and I’m ready to blog to help you market your small business on the web so that you can increase your profits, decrease your expenses, dominate your market and grow your business.
Lately I have met many small business owners who are still confused about the basics of using the internet and social media to market their small, local business online. Therefore, I have decided to create a series of blog posts that will explain the latest, most important techniques you can use to market your business online. This series will provide the basic education that small business owners need to save their precious marketing dollars (by not spending them on expensive and ineffective traditional marketing venues such as newspaper, radio, direct mail and tv ads) and generate new leads and sales by effectively using the internet to promote their products and services.
This series will be called “The What and Why Series” because I will clearly define each tactic, tell you why each one can help you make more sales, as well as give you some tips on getting started with them.
Here are the titles of some of the articles that I am planning on posting in the coming weeks:
- What is Internet Marketing and why is it better for promoting your business than Traditional Marketing?
- What is a Direct Response Website and why is it better than a typical “online brochure” webisite?
- What is Effective Copywriting and why is it important that your website be reviewed by a professional copwriter?
- What is Search Engine Optimization, how does it work (in plain english!), and why is it important for your website?
- What is Google Places and why is it that you claim your listing?
- What is a Facebook Fanpage and why is it important for your business?
- What is Twitter and why is it important that you “tweet” for your business?
- What is Google Adwords and why is it not important for your business?
(Oh yeah, I put the “not” in that last one, and I meant it. This ain’t no cookie-cutter series!)
Anyway, I think you get the idea of the kinds of topics that I intend to cover, and how I intend to help small business owners learn the basic internet marketing techniques they need to know!
The ‘What and Why Series’ will be starting next week. Later this week, I will be reposting an article that I posted before my son’s illness. (While he was in the hospital, my blog crashed and this post was lost. Hosting and backup systems has since been greatly improved.)
The article is called “The Five Key Steps to Successfully Marketing Your Business Online” This article will allow you to see the bigger picture of the process of using the internet to market your business before we drill down deeper into the details of each tactic in the “What and Why” series.
If there are any specific topics you would like to see me cover in this series, please let me know by leaving a comment below.