If you’re a small business owner with a fanpage on Facebook, you probably know that the good ol’ “FB” surprised everyone by rolling out a new format for pages last week. You have the option to switch over to the new format now (but I don’t recommend it…the bugs are still being worked out). Everyone will be forced to change to the new “Timeline” format on March 30.
Makes your head spin doesn’t it?
I know. You just got used to the old format…and then…whammo…
Oh well, them’s the breaks. Especially when you’re using an advertising platform that you’re not paying for…
But don’t worry, The E-marketing Maven is here to smooth the transition for you. Below you will find a list of the best 5 best resources and articles about the new Facebook format. These articles will explain the new features, and as well as the features that were lost, answer your questions and give you creative ideas for using the new format to promote your business.
1) http://www.learnfacebookpages.com/ – This is Facebook’s interactive video guide to the new fanpage. I highly recommend starting with tutorial. It clearly explains the features of the new layout.
2) http://kikolani.com/new-facebook-pages-with-timeline-design-pros-cons.html – This article offers a good outlines of the pros and cons of the new layout.
3) http://www.dreamgrow.com/a-view-of-facebook-timeline-brand-pages-and-how-to-enable-it-right-now/ – This article offers a good step-by-step guide to setting up your new timeline.
4) http://mashable.com/2012/02/29/facebook-timeline-brand-pages/ – Get inspired with some great examples of the new Timeline layout in the slideshow below the article.
5) http://www.hyperarts.com/blog/facebook-timeline-for-fan-pages-frequently-asked-questions/ – Still got questions? This article will probably answer them all!
BONUS: http://www.dreamgrow.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/05/facebook-cheat-sheet-sizes-and-dimensions.pdf – This handy, downloadable sheet offers the dimensions for all of the graphics you could possibly use on Facebook.
Those are my favourite articles on the new Facebook Timeline Page Layout. Did I miss any other great ones? Please let me know in the comments.
And if Facebook, or other social media sites, make you want to pull-your-hair out — please remember that I offer one-on-one social media training and live “hands on” seminars in Vaughan and the Greater Toronto Area. I’ll be adding information to this site about the training shortly, but for now, contact me here or call 905-709-7729 for more information.